MASTER OF SCIENCE IN DENTAL HYGIENE DEGREE PROGRAM
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally and regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States.
- Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene program recognized by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) within the United States and Canada.
- Successful completion of the Dental Hygiene National Board Examination.
- Current licensure as a Registered Dental Hygienist in any state in the United States or Canada.
- Satisfactory grades in undergraduate courses. The undergraduate grade point average should be no lower than a 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale system.
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examinations General Aptitude Test (GRE) or on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT. Scores on GRE and MAT tests taken more than five years prior to the date of application are not acceptable.
- Applicants from countries where English is not the native language, are required to submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 68 (Internet), 220 (computer), or 560 (paper) is required.
- Three recommendation forms.
- Completed application (Click here for Texas Common
- Payment of the $60 application fee
- Official transcripts sent from each college attended
- A personal interview with representatives of the Master’s Degree program may be required.
- Recommendation for admission by the Committee on Graduate Studies (COGS) and approval by the Dean of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at the UT Health Science Center
- Resumè/Personal Statement Form.